Thursday 24 April 2008

iPod-less

So for the first time in about a year and a half, I find myself iPod-less!

The headphone connection broke sometime on Monday, as I realised when I was walking home from school after Geography! At first I thought it was the head phones, because sound was only coming out of one side of them, but ..r investigation it wasn't the headphones, because no other headphone or my iPod speakers worked either, thus leading me to the conclusion that it was the headphone connection that was broken.

So, after having got my dad to take it in to the place where were brought it, and being told we had to send it to Apple, we found out that only two Apple shops in the area are in London! Instead we checked the site to see if there was anyone around who could fix it, and to cut a long story short, we found someone in Caversham who could fix it for about sixty quid which is not bad considering how much I paid for the iPod!

The snag is that the iPod can't actually be repaired, which means that they replace my iPod with a brand new(ish) one, as in same make, same edition, but without the fault, and needing my music to be uploaded to tbe iPod again.
Not that I'm complaining too much. I mean I get a new one, for a very low price, and in about five days, so thats like on Monday or Tuesday! Soon!

And until then I have my mum's MP3 to keep me entertained! I had my own a few years back, but I can't say I liked it. It was all a bit too fidderly for me, and I wasn't a fan.

My first digital portable music device was an old iPod Mini, which was second hand and was on it's last legs and didn't last long, and was Pink, but it was brilliant! And when it broke I wanted another one, but my parents said "no". Instead they got me a MP3 for my birthday which wasn't what I wanted but took it with good grace. Needless to say, it didn't last very long.

Finally, with a job, money and some persauding I was allowed to but my 5th Edition Classic 30 gig iPod, and have never looked back. Now I'm without it and have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to have a "New" one in place of my old one, sent and picked up!

Ah well. We can't always have it our way!

No comments: