Wednesday 30 January 2008

Valentines

So It's almost that time of year again when all the plants start blooming and everything starts warming up (Well maybe not in Feburary) but then in the middle of next month what is it?

Bloody

Fucking

Valentines

Just so all the people out there haven't realised it's the one day of the year when the people who haven't got anyone to share that day on are riddiculed for not having someone.

It's ridiculous. A Saints day has turned into some sort of commercial holiday just like everything else, and it's when men and women all over the world (Well in those countries that celebrate Valentines) spend God knows how much money on cheap gimmicks that their 'Sweetheart' will probably dislike and put to one side anyway!!!

Maybe I wouldn't be so cynical if i had a signifcant other. But as it is, I don't and will be spendning another Valentines day at home, alone, with a huge bar of chocolate, some ice cream and lots of movies, not to mention and hell crap load of homework for AS. So those are my valentines plans.

Although for those of you who know, and you know who you are, there might (Although probably not be) a surprise. I Dare Not even hope. I'll keep you posted.

Now here's the part where I start blaming Men for the whole concept but on this side of things I think that Women are as much to blame as men, due to the fact that sterotypically we're meant to be the soppy ones.
And anyway, no one's going to read this and no one cares what one person thinks in the midst of all the lovey dovey merriment that engulfs the majority of the world when Febuary 14th dawns.

There will be no sane people left because all the singles will be doing nothing and all the couples out doing whatever they want, and it's the one night a year a guy cannot be ridiculed for being romantic. (Though that might be an understatement- whatever day of the year it is, men always get the piss taken out of them)

I will be hiding under my duvet if anyone wants me

Stef

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate valentines day despite boyfriend. I do think it's very comersial so we do the easy thing:
Get something not soppy.
Like a nunchuck =]