Monday 25 May 2009

Spring Awakening 23rd May 2009 (A week before it closed in London)

Ok so on Saturday after work, I went up to London with some friends to see Spring Awakening, just about a week before it closes in London.

And well what can I say? My friends dayticketed for me, meaning we got some awesome front row seats for the evening performance, which means we were right up close to the stage and the actors (Droolage!!!)

Anyways, after Lunch at Waggamummas for Abbie's birthday, we went to the Spring Awakening Stage Door to wait for the Matinee to finish. And can I just take a minute to say how different the stage dooring for Spring Awakening is to that of Wicked? No barriers for one thing!!! And the stage door was left open. We considered rushing it- but to no avail!!!

Anyway we caught many people coming out after the Matinee (See pictures below) and I got this free magazine with Spring Awakening in it and got them to sign it. They were really lovely people, some were probably younger than I was. Actually I know they were younger than I was!!! It was strange because they didn't act it. They could have easily have been as old as the Wicked cast members!!!

Anyway, so we got signitures and pictures and then trotted round to the front of the theater, and I got myself a couple of programs, and both posters (Which I got signed after the show).

Once we were in the threater, I have to admitt I was a little worried about what it would be back- the OBC soundtrack doesn't do it much justice- possibly part of the reason why it's closing??? Just a thought!

Anyways, it started in due course and I must say it was mesmorising, the colours, the set, the songs!!! The Cast was amazingly talented!!! Well you sort of have to be, to be on the Stage!

Apparently I went Bright red during "My Junk" and "I believe"! Well in "I Believe" you do get to see the lead Male's very supply nice butt, and the lead females Breast. I won't explain why in case you haven't seen it. But anyway it was very very very good and it's a shame it's closing!!!:(

At the end of the second act there was so much clapping and pretty much a standing ovation that they did a "Totally Fucked" Encore, which according to Trish is rare.

So then we made our way out of the theater to stage door again, and I got the posters signed and pictures with the lead males (Aneurin for the second time) and one with Jamie Blackley, who is super sweet and very gentlemanly!!!

A good night was had by all, and it was lovely seeing my girls again! The gang was once more truely together!:D

Now, shall we enjoy some pictures???

Me with Richard Cordery

Photobucket

Me with Natasha Barnes

Photobucket

Me with Lucy Barker

Photobucket

Me with Jamie Muscato

Photobucket

Me with Jamie Blackley

Photobucket

Me with Iwan Rheon

Photobucket

Me with Gemma O'Duffy

Photobucket

Me with Evelyn Hoskins

Photobucket

Me with Edd Judge

Photobucket

Me with Sian Thomas

Photobucket

Me with Charlotte Wakefield

Photobucket

And then as desserrttt ! (Lolz) Me with Aneurin Barnard (Twice!:D) Once after the Matinee and then after the Evening show!!!

After the Matinee

Photobucket

And after the evening (and Can I add? Boy can this guy act! He has to do raw emotions on Stage every night, like he's breaking apart and boy does he do it welll!! and he can sing!:D)

Photobucket

I so wish Spring Awakening didn't have to close!!!:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!