Saturday 17 May 2008

Idina Menzel!!!!!!!!!!!

I met her! Today in fact, the lovely lady herself in London, at the Dress Circle showbiz shop!

Me and My friend were going to see her, and went up to London to see her, and get copies of her album signed!!! OH MY GOSH!

Well, we first we got lost! Went the wrong way, because I thought I knew where I was going and didn't. It turns out I have a crap sence of direction when I don't have a map in front of me! But anyway, we found the line eventually! It was well long!

Idina Menzel arrived at about One o'clock and and you could hear her arrival because all the fans at the front started yelling and screaming! Being relatively near the back, we couldn't see her arrival, but we saw her leave, but more about that later.

We were standing in the driizzle for about two hours, inching slowly forward towards the shop! We were getting board, and a Danish Gentlemen kept us amused, along with two very nice Amercian Ladies behind us.

Finally we were in the shop, CD's at the ready, cameras out, and suddenly excited.

Then we went down these steps in to the basement of the shops and There was Idina Menzel, sitting and signing copies of her New Album, I Stand, which I highly recommend. People were taking pictures, and as we were told that we couldn't have pictures taken with Idina, we were snapping away. Although when we got down there, an assisstant asked if we wanted pictures (She managed to cut the top of my head off- A nice one of Idina Menzel, but not of me!;-))

So we got to meet her, if only for a second or two, but it was amazing, because she was such an amazing person. She had only been going to stay for an hour, and decided to hang on to the end, and she didn't seem upset about that in the least, although it probably was exhausting for her! So kudos for Idina Menzel for sticking to it!

Once we were out of the shop, we went to get some lunch, and in probably the quickest meal ever recorded in the restaurant we were in, we were outside again, to see her leave the Dress Circle. She was just amazing!

So after we found a cash point and got some money, and once we were sure it was all ok to go back into the shop, we went back and I found the second best thing of the day- The Wicked Grimmarie! Oh Blessed day! For at least five pounds cheaper than at the Appollo theater! Shame I couldn't get Idina Menzel to sign it, but still it was a lucky find! There were only two left!

So all in all one brilliant day! And even better- Seeing Wicked in three weeks again! Yay! Just before Kerry Ellis goes to Amercia!

OH MY GOD!!! It was a faboulous day!!!

No comments: